Friday, June 7, 2013

Making trees for HISTORICON 2013

I will be the game master at HISTORICON 2013 for an AWI game.  I put the same game on at COLONIAL BARRACKS 2012 with the aid of the Jackson Gamers terrain box.  For HISTORICON I am going to need trees to represent the swamp on the side of the battlefield.

I found a simple method to create trees.  By twisting galvanized wire for the core and tape for bulk the trees are made.  I was unable to use their method of using acrylic caulk so I used white glue and tp to give the bark effect. (Bill Hamilton gave me the idea)
http://sirrob01.wordpress.com/2011/10/10/wargaming-terrain-how-to-make-trees-one-single-trunk/


A tree getting it's bark

Trees with paint and foliage beside those without

Same scene from a different angle showing the hidden troops



 
Final 2 stages of production
 

No comments:

Post a Comment