Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Schwabian war project began when I read the Imaginations blogs on the Emperor vs. Elector. I always wanted to conduct an extended series of battles in the lace wars period. This is the time of the War of Polish Succession, War of Austrian Succession, the Seven years War, and the American Revolution. Upon the arrival of my copy of Charles Grant’s ‘The War Game’ , I decided that the time had come to start.
When you read Grant’s ‘Scenarios for Wargamers’ you find that to fight a number of battles all you need are 10 to 12 battalions of infantry, 4 to 6 squadrons of heavy and light cavalry, 4 to 6 guns and limbers. With these forces, 15 different battles can be fought. The battles include positional defense, flank attack, holding action, attack on camp, breakout, river crossing, assault river crossing, bridge demolition, dominant hill and chance encounter.
To keep the look and feel of Old School war gaming I chose the figures from Prince August. This allows me to pour my own and then paint the figures. The classic figure molds I chose were as follows. 2 of the Officer and Musketeer molds due to the number of figures needed.
BATTALION GUN 3-6 LB I-951







ARTILLARY LIMBER I-957





CARRIAGE HORSE I-956







UNDEROFFICER AND GRENADIER 911









OFFICER AND MUSKETEER X 2 910









MOUNTED OFFICER I-934









STANDARD BEARER AND DRUMMER I-904









OFFICER AND ADVANCING INFANTRY SOLDIER I-903






( LT ) CAVALRY SWORD FOREWARD I-931








( HVY ) CAVALRY I-935






























No comments:

Post a Comment